header

Author Topic: My favourite Sound Creation Gong 60"  (Read 4175 times)

www.ecymbals.co.uk

• View Profile
My favourite Sound Creation Gong 60"
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:54:40 am »
This 60" Sound Creation Gong is wunderbar.

Phil McNamara

• View Profile
Re: My favourite Sound Creation Gong 60"
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:59:03 pm »
The 38" SCG Earth is pretty awesome too!

Sound Creation Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:53:02 pm »
I doubt I'll ever be able to afford the 60"  . . . I own the 26" and 32" "Earth" gongs. I'll be buying the 38" this year if all goes well!  :)
"All humans are sacred, whatever their culture, race, or religion, whatever their capacities or incapacities, and whatever their weaknesses or strengths may be. Each of us has an instrument to bring to the vast orchestra of humanity." - Jean Vanier

Michael Bettine

• Bang A Gong, Get It On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 05:47:11 am »
It's funny, I played one 60" Earth that did absolutely nothing for me. Then I played a different one that I would've bought on the spot. Just a fantastic sounding Gong.
GONGTOPIA
PERCUSSION DECONSTRUCTION BLOG
Ancient Sounds For Modern Times

Paul Ford

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 04:58:23 am »
It's funny, I played one 60" Earth that did absolutely nothing for me. Then I played a different one that I would've bought on the spot. Just a fantastic sounding Gong.

This demonstrates that Gongs need to be hand picked by the buyer before purchasing. Especially the larger sizes with the larger price ticket. I listened to five Sedna PG's last year, all sounded 'slightly' different. One only resonated with the interested buyer.
If he had purchased via a web seller, it would of been a certainty that he would not of received the one he found resonance with at the factory.

Kind regards.