header

Author Topic: New Earth Gong Design?  (Read 4222 times)

Sound Creation Rob

• View Profile
New Earth Gong Design?
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:29:41 pm »
I bought a 26" SC #3 Earth gong in 2005. It's wonderful sounding and it's a very beautiful looking gong. A couple years ago I bought a 32" Earth gong. When I opened the box I remember being disappointed with the LOOK of the gong . . . I know SOUND is the most important thing. It seemed as if it had only received about half of the hammering that I would have expected . . . I love this gong now - although my 26" gong sounds darker and deeper. I want to buy a 38" Earth this year. I see on the site that the image of the SC Earth gong has now changed. It seems there is less hammering on these gongs now. Anyone else have any feedback?

Having said all of this - I do love my 32" Earth gong. I just wish it was a closer match visually to the 26".

Thanks,

Rob
"All humans are sacred, whatever their culture, race, or religion, whatever their capacities or incapacities, and whatever their weaknesses or strengths may be. Each of us has an instrument to bring to the vast orchestra of humanity." - Jean Vanier

Paul Ford

• View Profile
Re: New Earth Gong Design?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:39:09 am »
Rob, the metal alloy is different for the newer SC Gongs. It is a better alloy but will not present the same as the older SC Gongs using the older Alloy. The newer Alloy is sourced from the Wieland mill.

Regards

Paul.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:21:31 pm by Paul Ford »

Sound Creation Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:17:07 pm »
Thanks, Paul!

I was just curious about this - I certainly love my 32" Earth!

Thanks,

Rob
"All humans are sacred, whatever their culture, race, or religion, whatever their capacities or incapacities, and whatever their weaknesses or strengths may be. Each of us has an instrument to bring to the vast orchestra of humanity." - Jean Vanier

Paul Ford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 12:08:24 am »
 ;D

Michael Bettine

• Bang A Gong, Get It On!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 01:12:01 am »
The whole Sound Creation line has gone through various changes throughout the years. Some Gongs have changed size, some have seen changes to the profile/hammering.
GONGTOPIA
PERCUSSION DECONSTRUCTION BLOG
Ancient Sounds For Modern Times