header

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 5020 times)

Jamie Bechtold Ford

• View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: July 26, 2013, 06:33:08 pm »
Hi everyone! I just want to introduce myself and meet some of you! My name is Jamie and I play the planet gongs. I use them for group concerts (sound baths), yoga classes, and in private healing sessions. I've been playing them for about 9 years now and love it! I currently work with 8 of the planet gongs and the earth sound creation.

I look forward to "meeting" some of you! Have a wonderful day!
Jamie

Sound Creation Rob

• View Profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:25:50 pm »
Hi Jamie,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum! What planet gongs do you use? I use the 38" Sun, 32" Chiron, 32" Saturn, 26" Neptune, 24" Sidereal Moon. I used to own a "Nibiru" but I recently sold it. I also use Sound Creation gongs #2 (fire), #3 (earth), #3a (32" earth), #4 (water), #6 (moon), #7 (fight), #8 (head), #9 (chest), and #10 (abdomen). I have various other gongs as well. 

All the best,

Rob

"All humans are sacred, whatever their culture, race, or religion, whatever their capacities or incapacities, and whatever their weaknesses or strengths may be. Each of us has an instrument to bring to the vast orchestra of humanity." - Jean Vanier

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:20:16 pm »
Hi Jamie,

Welcome! I do sound immersion events and also solo performances that are of a more composed musical nature with gongs, bells and other metal percussion instruments. I don't own any planet gongs (yet), but next on my want list is a 32" Sound Creation Earth gong.

Bill

www.reverbnation.com/billsmithsonicmetals

Jamie Bechtold Ford

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:43:59 pm »
Nice to meet you Rob and Bill! I currently work with the Sun, Sidereal Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, Neptune, Chiron and 38" sound creation Earth. I'm just about to order Uranus as well. I use crystal singing bowls as well but my passion is the gongs. Bill, your setup looks great. A sound creation gong will be an excellent complement to the other ones you have. Rob, where are you located?

Have a great day!
Jamie

www.ascendingsounds.com
www.sound-bath.com

Sound Creation Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 07:30:01 pm »
Nice to meet you Rob and Bill! I currently work with the Sun, Sidereal Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, Neptune, Chiron and 38" sound creation Earth. I'm just about to order Uranus as well. I use crystal singing bowls as well but my passion is the gongs. Bill, your setup looks great. A sound creation gong will be an excellent complement to the other ones you have. Rob, where are you located?

Have a great day!
Jamie

www.ascendingsounds.com
www.sound-bath.com

Hi Jamie,

Sounds like you have a great set-up! I'd love a 38" SC Earth one day. I'm located in Kamloops, BC, Canada. I love playing outdoors. I often set-up at parks or out in the little desert we have here. I work for a music shop and I'll be doing a gong evening there at the end of August. If interested, check out this 6 minute video that I'm featured in. All the best!

Rob.

PS: The tuned gong track you hear is called "Inner Light" and it's from an upcoming CD I have recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pYtK-16xaw

"All humans are sacred, whatever their culture, race, or religion, whatever their capacities or incapacities, and whatever their weaknesses or strengths may be. Each of us has an instrument to bring to the vast orchestra of humanity." - Jean Vanier

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 03:25:34 am »
Rob, please let us know when your CD is available.

Jamie Bechtold Ford

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 07:27:42 am »
Hi Rob! Awesome video! Thank you for sharing that. I know David Hickey....I played with him years ago when he did a tour in the states. I haven't played very much outdoors - most of my sound baths are at yoga studios or art centers. It is nice to have them outside though. I just ordered Uranus. Yay! I love getting new gongs! :-)

Jamie